As our nation continues to grow Smart Secure Cities and Communities, the backbone of the economy, small and medium businesses and governments (SMB-G) face an explosion of opportunities and challenges. Two most daunting challenges are the digital divide and cybersecurity. This 1-day Symposium empowers SMB-G’s to catapult into successes with best practices, professional volunteers, and demonstrations of leading solutions.
Never before has there been such contention between growth potential and digital divide and cyber risk as with today’s Internet. In a world where SMBs count for 99% of businesses and nearly 50% of the workforce, where 30% of Californians lack “meaningful internet access”, where the majority of local government CIOs rank cybersecurity a top priority, where IoT devices will be six times the population by 2020, how can SMB-G’s thrive without a large operating staff or cybersecurity team?
A bold, innovative, community-centered approach is imperative to solve one of the biggest challenges of our time. And solve we must. Join the visionary and pragmatic leaders of our day from Washington DC to San Jose and 500 SMB-G decision makers, implementers and professional volunteers. Together, let’s enable Smart Secure Cities and Communities for generations to come.
Event Date: Oct 3, 2018
Venue: Fairmont Hotel
Address: 170 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113
General Admission: $100
* $0 for Speakers and Volunteers
* $0 for Government and Nonprofits Personnel
Use promotional codes:
* 50% discount for SBDC / SCORE Members
* 25% discount for Cybersecurity Alliance Members, e.g., chapters of ISC2, ISACA, ISSA, Audit, IAPP, InfraGard…
Get your promotional codes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend
Why Should You Attend
Solving SMB-G's Pain Points
- How to grow my business in the internet age and protect my customer data, secure my website and online transactions?
- What are regulatory requirements if my business handles credit card information or children’s or health records?
- Is the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 going to impact me?
- Am I a low hanging fruit for cybercriminals (50% of SMBs have experienced cyber attacks such as ransomware)?
- What to do if my business suffers a data breach?
- How to get best practices if we embark on Smart Secure Cities?
- How to invest in technology based on risk and know the right vendors?
- How to ensure my key stakeholders are aware and supportive with funding?
- How to avoid showing up in the news for a data breach?
- How to detect and respond when a data breach occurs?
Final agenda to be published by early September with registrants preferences built in.